Lefty Guitar Trader Supporting Vendors:

Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 31394041

Thread: My gits

Thanks

I've never had a problem with any of the 9.
    Quote Originally Posted by metalchurch View Post
    I had my ball sack appraised one time.
    ??Apparently ball sack and ball sack are synonymous.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lostinthemasses View Post
    The reason I decided on the Hummingbird is specifically because more people asked if I'd be interested in selling mine far more than any other guitar I've owned, ever. I figured if that many people are asking then it must be in demand. Personally I think "traditional" would be harder to sell due to the market for Strats, Teles, SG's, Les Pauls, and now just recently Explorers and even RD's being as they are. My next run will likely be another offset like an RD, non-reverse Firebird, or Jaguar-like guitar.

My plan is to eventually actually design my own stuff, but that's far more costly than this was, and this whole endeavor cost me about 10k.
    I think there's two ways to look at this. The first way is basically what you said: Why make a strat-style or a tele-style, when everyone makes a strat or a tele and I'd be competing with them.

The other, though, is this: everyone makes a strat or a tele style because everyone buys them. Look at Kiesel, for example. Their newest guitar (the Delos) is based on the one of the oldest designs, but people are falling all over themselves for them. I'd even buy one if they'd just do a different nut width. The market is full of them because people love them and buy them.

Just my opinion, but if you want to start your own thing it's best to start by copying something simple, doing it well, and then branching out from them to weirder stuff once people get a taste for what you're doing. Lower the barrier to entry.

Thanks

Had this lying around for over a year and just finally finished it:

Picked up the body as an entire guitar, neck even had a matching headstock, off Craigslist in Sacramento back in 2017 when I was driving home from OC. The guitar was definitely a case of someone who was an expert with some things and completely winging it with other things trying to build a custom guitar. Wiring and routing were solid, finish was ok, but wood selection was meh, frets were ass, and the truss rod was installed crooked. So I remained on the lookout for a neck this whole time and finally found one in the GFS replacement bin. Only problem is this guitar was 25.5 and the neck was 24.75. So I had to route the pocket a little deeper, thank fuck there wasn't a neck pickup. Pickup came with the guitar, it's unbranded, but looks to be a quality build and reminds me of a Gibson Tarback. Threw a Tusq nut on the neck along with some Wilkinson tuners I had lying around. Truss rod cover was drilled into the neck off-center and was carved asymmetrically, so I would never have been able to make it look nice, ended up going with the arrowhead shape and slapping one of my waterslides on it because why TF not? I'm into this guitar about $350 and TBH it plays like a properly set up Korean Epiphone.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to lostinthemasses For This Useful Post:

pushead2 (06-19-2019)

Thanks

So it seems that two of my guitars have become favorite guinea pigs for modding/tinkering for the last year or so.

First we have the Agile LP Junior. When I first got this axe, the only thing I did to mod the electronics was swap the magnets in the bridge P90 with an A3/A8 combo and throw a Switchcraft jack in. Later I installed an EMG Afterburner. Then a friend got endorsed by Reverend and I asked if he could get me a set of Unknown Hinson pickups from his sig model. Not only did he hook it up with a set of these pickups, but he managed to get me a set straight out of one of Unknown's personal guitars that his tech was throwing TV Jones pickups into.

So it kind of stayed that way for nearly a year, but I was still struggling to get the right tone out of it, so here's what we got going on now:

GFS had a 4th of July sale and I snagged a Hot Nashville Retrotron mini hum. I had a set of the full-size Memphis Retrotron humbuckers in Ondori #2 with the Afterburner and they went very well together. So I decided to pair them up again along with a transparent dogear to mini hum adapter. I totally wanted to keep this a P90 setup, but yeah, just couldn't do it, lol

Pickup sounds fantastic and pairs great with the neck pickup with a fire and ice kind of thing. Bridge is very sharp and ice-picky, neck is warm and earthy, and there's a ton of different tones you can create with this axe.

Next is the Snakehead Esquire eBay special. Now this axe was fantastic the way I had it set up originally, but the Wilde Pickups L45S just didn't have enough bite for what I was doing musically. So yeah, another EMG Afterburner, problem solved.

Sneaky battery compartment under the pickguard similar to my setup on the Firebird:

I'm pretty satisfied with these two...for now...
    Last edited by lostinthemasses; 07-03-2019 at 04:52 AM.

Visitors found this page by searching for:

kramer aerostar zx10 guitar floyd rose

mij strat leftyguitartrader.com

SEO Blog