Lefty Guitar Trader Supporting Vendors:

Thread: NGD - Gretsch CVT

Thanks

Default NGD - Gretsch CVT

This is my first Gretsch, and boy what a beauty it is! It's one of the limited run that Jerry did a while back. Jimmy @ Southpaw had one at his shop and I've had my eye on it since it arrived. Today I finally pulled the trigger on it:

It's very smooth and almost effortless to play. The neck feels like more of a U shape than modern C, but still very comfortable. It doesn't appear to have any taper in the neck depth as you move up. The pickups sound great and have that classic Gretsch sound. The knobs took a bit of getting used to, as it goes 1. Neck pickup volume 2. Bridge pickup volume 3. Overall tone control.

That neck confuses me. First off, they didn't put fret markers above the 15th. No idea why they omitted them. But also, I'm wondering how they fastened the neck to the body. There's 1 screw cap on the back and that's it. From the front view, it doesn't appear to have much real estate to be a set neck so I'm at a loss as to how it's fastened. But it is and it does the trick. Overall the guitar is very light and very resonant. I'm not a fan of red or cherry, but I'm liking the SG type vibe it has to it.

I'm digging it so far!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nubs For This Useful Post:

AllroyPA (09-10-2019), superheavydeathmetal (09-09-2019)

Thanks

Congrats sure is a cool guitar, does it feel kinda like an SG ?

Thanks

It's pretty light, but not as light as an SG. The neck has a somewhat SG feel to it as the profile I would consider to be more of a U shape than a C. It's still very comfortable and feels more "flat" if that makes sense.

As mentioned, extremely smooth to play. It feels very natural in my hands which is a huge plus.

Thanks

It's pretty light, but not as light as an SG. The neck has a somewhat SG feel to it as the profile I would consider to be more of a U shape than a C. It's still very comfortable and feels more "flat" if that makes sense.

As mentioned, extremely smooth to play. It feels very natural in my hands which is a huge plus.

Thanks

Had the neck been fatter, I would have kept the one I demoed for Jerry. Excellent guitar for the money!

Thanks

it looks like an SG PRS, all kinds of cool. I've never seen one before, happy NGD!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:

Nubs (09-12-2019)

Thanks

Sweet looking guitar....love it....and it's RED.....tehee.....congrats and enjoy...

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!
SEO Blog