Lefty Guitar Trader Supporting Vendors:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS: My 3 Metal Machines

Thanks

Default FS: My 3 Metal Machines

All 3 are being sold to purchase 1 badass axe that beats everything I've ever owned. I need 2 things from ya'll: buy these guitars from me, then give me advice on the best guitar I can buy for around 1,400 (figure 1.5k is max but + shipping n taxes etc)

https://imgur.com/a/EBJ3vlT

EC1000 Deluxe - See Thru Dark Cherry w/ EMG 81/85. 9/10 condition

Schecter Blackjack ATX C-1 w/ EMG 81/60. 9/10 condition

EC1000 Deluxe - Silverburst w/ Seymour Duncan AHB-1. 7.5/10 condition (two minor dings)

Thanks

Prices?

Thanks

Good luck with the sales. As far as guitars at that price point, there are way, wayy too many options to really hone in on just one. $1100-1500 is sort of the sweet spot, in my opinion, where your choices are pretty much exceptional when it comes to the lower price of high end new stuff and used prices on the generally far more expensive stuff.

You could absolutely find a used Jackson USA, ESP/E II, Dean USA, even a used Caparison in that range (though they aren't as prevalent). If you really enjoyed your LTD 1000's then maybe a EII ESP might be the next step. Shit, maybe buy that Horizon III that was up for $950 or whatever it was and save some cash! They look awesome.

If you're looking at strats the USA G&L stuff usually sits around 1400+ new. But they're really good deals used, so I'd start there instead. Think $800-1100

Also, if you're still looking for a high end pointed V, you are now way more likely to find options at this price. Might have to be super patient but I have seen RR1s and KV2s sell for $1400 and less. It doesn't happen a lot but it has from time to time. Or make an offer on one and see what happens.

Any ideal scale length, body shape or neck construction you're really hoping to have?

Thanks

Scale: 25.5
    Body shape - prefer a 2x cutaway similar to the Ibanez or ESP M styles. I recently got a V and I LOVE HOW COMFORTABLE IT IS. I would get another but I can't find em anywhere.
    Frets: 24 XJ (cannot do mediums)
    Pups: I don't want actives, my schecter hellraiser V-1 has amazing active pickups.

I was thinkin an RG550, a Charvel san dimas or pro mod, or that ESP E-II so far. Trying to see what else is out there. Ideally I'd like to buy an oldschool one but that'll be near impossible to find being a lefty.

Thanks

My bad! I've got the EC's on reverb for $649 ea and the Schecter is at $550 for now. Not in too much of a rush to drop the prices down to move them fast. That being said these guitars have been used and absolutely babied and are in beautiful condition so there's no need to sell them cheap.

Thanks

Just noticed the comment about the V. I found a V-1 Hellraiser for a STEAL and it's so perfect (sound + playability) it's the reason I'm selling these 3 machines. I didn't think it'd be as nice as it is but oh my god I was floored. Also on the Super Strat I'd like a floyd. Never owned one but I think the super strat would be the time to go for one. I'd consider replacing the want for a super strat with a V if I found the right one, but like you said i'd have to hope one pops up out of the blue! Never know. First step is selling the rest of the fam off.

Thanks

If you want my advice:
    Keep the Blackjack, buy a Metal Zone and an amp with a good driver and call it a day.

I have spent over a decade buying different guitars, pedals, amp modelers and such, and I have finally realized that there is no significant difference in any of this stuff. It is all splitting hairs.

You're going to be hard-pressed to find anything much better than that Blackjack, unless there is something you don't like about the feel of it. I absolutely love mine, but feel is all about what the player likes.

Metal tone is so heavily dependent on the device creating the distortion that as long as you have a solid guitar with a solid pickup in the bridge, you will be fine. And as far as amplification goes, as long as you have a solid high-gain pedal or amp modeler, you will be fine. You can spend thousands on high-end guitars and pickups boutique tube amps and cabinets and signal processors and all of that, and not end up with a better tone than a Line 6 Pocket Pod can give you.

Anyway, I totally get that it is fun to try different guitars and pedals and amps and stuff. I agree, it is fun. But it took me way too long to realize that it wasn't any different than what I already had.
    Resident Schecter fanboy - Line 6 - NYXL - too much gain

This user has gone 35 days without purchasing a guitar.

Thanks

As a huge proponent of Caparison, if you find a used one for $1500 it's a freakin steal so do that. Otherwise used Jackson USA Dinkies and Soloists would be perfect, as is the ESP E-II line. Ibanez Prestige line is hit or miss depending on whether you like the very thin neck or not.

Thanks

This was super helpful dude, I kind of started learning that on my own. Price doesn't matter, feel and sound are everything. I like the blackjack, I just don't find myself playing it much, because I have the Hellraiser V-1 which sounds so friggin good I can't put it down. I also want a strat-style with a floyd, and it'd be tough to throw one on the blackjack without a lot of extra work/costs. I'm really leaning toward an Ibanez RG550, as it's got a thin neck, floyd, 25.5" scale, and 24 XJ frets. Another I'm considering are the Charvels. All of my guitars I've bought/sold up until I get another one have been Active pickups and I found the combo I think sounds best. Time to jump into the wonderful world of high output passives. I wish I could justify spending up to $1000 on a jackson pro series soloist or something but with stock brand pickups, are they really worth the prices? I won't be ready to buy until I sell at least 2 of the geetars pictured above so everything I'm saying will change next week, and the week after that... I wish there were shops for lefties to feel like normal guitar players too!!! :crying:

Thanks

The Jackson sl2 pro comes Seymour Duncan distortion mayhem pickups, not Jackson brand ones. Theres a used on the guitar center used site for 549. The listing doesnt say its an sl2 pro though.
    Good Deals on LGT with:
    Jesse
    mdrorick
    lefthandhunter
    Mr.9 Fingers
    theplystory
    abadonae
    LeftyParasite
    Lefty6string
    espfreak
    IbanezGuy

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!
SEO Blog