Lefty Guitar Trader Supporting Vendors:

Thread: I got the V after searching forever!!!

Thanks

Cool I got the V after searching forever!!!

Schecter Hellraiser V-1
    Let me start off and say itís not perfect. Wish I couldíve tried it in person first, Iíll have to acclimate my hands to a little bit thicker of a neck, and the 22 frets is different from what Iím used to. That being said these are problems that can be addressed and are more just what Iím comfortable with vs havenít experiemenred with. That being said the sound is amazing. I broke a string already so I was only able to play it a few hours, will have to grab a set tomorrow but itís amazing. The gloss neck is tough cause my hands sweat like crazy and it is thicker but god the sound is so clean. The finish looks beautiful and itís in damn good condition compared to what i was expecting. Also did I mention how nice the sound is? Came with a beat up Epiphone case but itís a hard shell and the inside is pretty nice so I have no complaints.

Iím glad I took a shot in the dark and ordered it online without trying it because itís got an amazing sound, itís just different from what Iím used to. Gives me a nice perspective into not dismissing something immediately and learning to work through it.

Will work on getting a pic. Posting from my phone

Thanks

3. The Following User Says Thank You to conor_M For This Useful Post:

superheavydeathmetal (08-21-2019)

Thanks

Those are really really good guitars for the money. That era of schecter and slightly earlier were frigging awesome.

Thanks

The overall quality is insane. The MOP inlays and binding actually looks good in person, I thought it was going to look corny and fake. The deep red body and the neck are just beautiful, and it feels so solid. Sound is killer (a little softer compared to the blackjack w/ normal EMG 81/60) and the shape of course, I love it. I can't stop looking at it haha. Will work on finding a method to remove the gloss finish from the neck, and get used to the thickness of the neck! Maybe I'll start playing Deans if I'm down wit da thiccness.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to conor_M For This Useful Post:

superheavydeathmetal (08-21-2019)

Thanks

Hell yeah, man! That is awesome! I love it!
    Resident Schecter fanboy - Line 6 - NYXL - too much gain

This user has gone 35 days without purchasing a guitar.

Thanks

I've never had a problem with glossy necks, but a lot of guys will just lightly score the finish with .0000 steel wool. You won't eat through it but it does disturb the surface enough to satin-ize it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by beneharris View Post
    I've never had a problem with glossy necks, but a lot of guys will just lightly score the finish with .0000 steel wool. You won't eat through it but it does disturb the surface enough to satin-ize it.
    Yep, this works very well. I used some 3M painters tape to tape off the neck joint area of my LTD M1000. I wanted it to be taped off the same way ESP did it to my M1. Then, I hit the back of the M1000’s neck with 0000 steel wool and about 20-25 minutes later I had the gloss knocked off the back of the neck as well as from the binding. It’s smooth as duck’s ass now. My Schecter KM7 came that way from the factory and the previous owner of my E-II Eclipse did the same “mod” to its already satin neck.

Upon removing the painters tape, the guitar now has the same sort of offset V “line” between the gloss of the body and the satin of the neck.
    Mustaine: He's brilliant; I love him. But then you see some guy like BucketheadÖ Buckethead is probably twice as good a guitar player as me and Slash combined, and can stand having fried chicken rubbed up against his face all night for a couple of hours.

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!
SEO Blog