Lefty Guitar Trader Supporting Vendors:

Thread: New shopper in NW Wisconsin

Thanks

Default New shopper in NW Wisconsin

Hello. Late-life beginner here. Changed to lefty, my native state, after a bad finger injury.

Sitting in my office, thinking about plugging in right now but the cleaning lady would probably quit. Not much time to practice since kids, work, life, but I still dream and drum my fingers in car all day. Found this site long ago and decided to join after some regrettable purchases on others.

Mostly own Ibanez, given style and hand size, and lots of lefties available. I sure would appreciate direction on a composite neck lefty. Parker isn't in the game. Steinberger had a copycat/competitor whose name I can't recall, back around 2005. Looking at a boden too.

Minneapolis is "my city" now. I'd prefer to avoid the big chains. Going used instead of new might save my marriage.
    Also hoping to sell a JS2400 and a pretty black multiscale 6-string Vader. Ads to follow.

Favorite player is Vernon Reid. Just don't read his tweets...
    Last edited by chrysalis20; 02-23-2020 at 04:28 PM. Reason: typo

2. The Following User Says Thank You to chrysalis20 For This Useful Post:

superheavydeathmetal (02-24-2020)

Thanks

It's great to have you on the forum!

I can't really help you with a composite neck now that Moses is out of the game, but I can tell you that a JS2400 popped up for sale recently and sold in only a day or two, so you shouldn't have any trouble selling yours!

I would be interested to know of any brand that makes lefty composites. I don't think even Steinberger makes composite instruments any more, which is really bizarre considering that the whole premise of that company was to make high-tech instruments.
    Resident Schecter fanboy - Line 6 - NYXL - too much gain

This user has gone 126 days without purchasing a guitar.

Thanks

Thanks for the warm welcome.

I kind of dig Schecter and Line 6 too. Most Shecter necks thicker than ESP aren't they?

Last year I bought a lefty J custom from XLG in Florida. It's great for home. Prefer something more portable and durable, as we have hot summers and dry winters and I have little kids stomping around.

Carbon! Works for bikes, race cars, airplanes. Despite rising cost and controversy of wood, it just isn't gaining traction for electrics. Lots of acoustics out there.

Thanks

I don't know of any who do composites. Other than maybe a cheap portable guitar. Does Aristides do leftys?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by beneharris View Post
    I don't know of any who do composites. Other than maybe a cheap portable guitar. Does Aristides do leftys?
    They sure do. Just the 060 model. Pricey, but nice.
    I like pointy guitars.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MetalDaze View Post
    They sure do. Just the 060 model. Pricey, but nice.
    The website also says the 020 is available as a lefty, but the option isn't shown on the order form, so I don't know. I would get the 060 anyway. The 020 has more the look of a PRS. The 060 is more RG-ish. I would definitely go with the T/0 if that were available in lefty.
    Last edited by superheavydeathmetal; 02-26-2020 at 06:26 PM.
    Resident Schecter fanboy - Line 6 - NYXL - too much gain

This user has gone 126 days without purchasing a guitar.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to superheavydeathmetal For This Useful Post:

MetalDaze (02-26-2020)

Thanks

If you haven’t seen it, you should check out their factory tour video. It’s impressive and shows the build process.
    I like pointy guitars.

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!
SEO Blog