Lefty Guitar Trader Supporting Vendors:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTB A pointy V style

Thanks

Post WTB A pointy V style

My top 5 would be:
    1. Pat O'Brien BC Rich JR V Icon
    2. ESP Alexi-600 (has this ever been made lefty)
    3. ESP LTD V-401 (has this ever been made lefty)
    4. Any Jackson RR Style but I honestly hate the JS32L and the RRXT, does anything else exist?
    5. Kramer Vanguard or anything similar?

If you can't tell, I want something "metal" that's pointy and that's pretty much it. I like simple configurations like the Alexi or Pat O'Brien so whatcha got?! Don't really have a fixed budget but I'd like to keep it under $750 or so.

Thanks

Found this on a quick eBay search. Arrow 401 for $350. Might be just the thing.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F283434287999

Thanks

I thought I replied to this earlier... but I'm not too big on the arrow, there's a little bit too much going on with the two wings in the center.

Thanks

Default WTB A pointy V style

I'm sure you thought of this, but often people fabricate their own. Will the stock one with the foot rest work on that pipe?

Thanks

https://reverb.com/item/20417508-dea...p-lefty-guitar
    This is a bad ass guitar and you can make an offer, you’ll get a better price with Dave directly as well

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cmartin View Post
    https://reverb.com/item/20417508-dea...p-lefty-guitar
    This is a bad ass guitar and you can make an offer, you’ll get a better price with Dave directly as well
    That thing is gorgeous, the only thing I can see that may be why it hasn’t sold (he’s had that, and a few similar to it for awhile) is the fact it’s got medium frets. That might be a deal breaker for some.

OP, I hear ya on the busyness going on with the lower portion of the body on an Arrow. I can overlook it, but I still don’t LOVE it. That said, the ESP LTD Vulture has grown on me. The body looks great, the headstock would be nicer if it were kept in the usual ESP style.....but it’s not bad. There’s a few of those in lefty on Reverb and they come with a case too. Those fitted ESP cases are incredible.

A great value would be an Agile Hornet if you find one of those. Made in the same factory as the Korean Deans, LTDs, Schecters, Chapmans and a few others.

That reminds me, Chapman has a nice lefty V too. Sold here in the states by “Riff City”. They look like a King V shape.

*edit* Upon checking, it appears Riff City Guitars is having a going out of business sale. Bummer. I’m gonna check Sweetwater and see if they are carrying anything V shaped for us minorities!

Ok, I checked Sweetwater and didn’t really see any Lefty V’s. Riff City said they are closing doors due to Chapman moving their product to a different retailer here in the states.....I now see that retailer is Guitar Center. Yuck. Anyhow, the guitar should be great....here’s the link.

https://www.guitarcenter.com/Chapman...tric-Guitar.gc
    Last edited by IbanezGuy; 08-17-2019 at 05:04 AM.
    Mustaine: He's brilliant; I love him. But then you see some guy like Buckethead… Buckethead is probably twice as good a guitar player as me and Slash combined, and can stand having fried chicken rubbed up against his face all night for a couple of hours.

Thanks

I had an Agile Hornet in 2007. If I remember I paid like 450, maybe 500 for it and it was awesome. I ordered block inlays on it, ebony board ( it was stained jet black, didn't bother me for the price). Put some Duncan's in it and that guitar played amazing, I shouldn't have sold it. Shipped it to someone in CA and never saw it again. Afaik Agile hasn't made the Hornet for a long while, unfortunately.

Thanks

But yeah, honestly the LTD Arrow is probably your best bet in that price range (for a metal/pointy V). Sometimes a Grover Jackson or Jackson Stars Randy Rhoads pops up but they're often in Japan. Once you get up towards the $1k range the Dean VMNT and Arrow 1000 are probably one of the best choices.

Or, like mentioned you could build your own, and that might be the way to go honestly. KNE make King V and RR bodies. Get a used Jackson neck, KNE can cut the bridge for either a Floyd or hardtail, your choice.

Thanks

Whoa, check it out!! Agile V in MA, only it's listed for pickup only.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F153490349309

Almost just like mine except without the blocks.

Thanks

Saw that, communication with this individual is near impossible. My girlfriend lives near Boston and was willing to scoop it for me and the person is just all over the place. I’ve actually cooked up a deal with someone through Facebook marketplace to ship me a V-1 hellraiser with a case for $450. He should be sending it next week but I hear they’ve got thick necks which is kinda disappointing.

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!
SEO Blog