Lefty Guitar Trader Supporting Vendors:

Thread: Looking for an Ibanez RG Prestige neck!

Thanks

Default Looking for an Ibanez RG Prestige neck!

So, I just got a body in the mail that I ordered a little while ago (made by Chris Mai). I bought it secondhand from the dude that ordered it originally. Much to my horror, when it got here I discovered that the neck pocket is 59.50mm wide! Holy shit! I understand necks/pockets vary in size but hot DAMN son! Yeah, I've been told alllll about the Fender gaps in neck pockets and all that. Rich Harris sends guitars BACK to Japan when they show up with unacceptable gaps (ones that can't be reasonably shimmed). That's my line of thinking too!

I had originally thought the 56mm (measures to 56.56mm) pre-TJC Prestige neck I already have would have worked a treat. Nope, it's swimming in that pocket. I REALLY don't want to tear down my S series just to take that TJC neck off it and then end up shimming everything. It's perfect as it sits! So, anyone got a spare Team J. Craft Prestige neck laying around.....or know where there is one?

I'm seriously contemplating BUILDING a neck, but would genuinely rather this LAST Ibanez project to have a real Ibanez neck on it. I don't REALLY want to shim it with Popsicle sticks.....maybe as a last resort but CERTAINLY NOT for the 56mm neck I have. That's just a bridge too far. The TJC neck on my S measures out to 57.66mm. I'd rather shim the split difference of a 1.84mm (for a TJC neck) gap versus a split difference of 2.94mm. 2.94 divided by two (either side of the neck in the pocket) is nearly 1.5mm on both sides. The TJC neck gap on either side would be less than a millimeter on either side. MUCH easier to shim and have it not be unsightly.

Maybe even if someone has a beat to Hell RG1570L TJC (the one in Chris' Craigslist thread isn't TJC) they want to sell for cheap? Parts mule? Anyhow, let me know.....and I've been scouring the usual sites too. I'm in no hurry as I've got a couple other things I'm finishing up but I'd like to get a lead on something so I'm not hopeless on this one.
    Mustaine: He's brilliant; I love him. But then you see some guy like Bucketheadů Buckethead is probably twice as good a guitar player as me and Slash combined, and can stand having fried chicken rubbed up against his face all night for a couple of hours.

Thanks

Well, seeing as the market has no love for me at the mo....I solved the issue with my noggin. I bought a sweet little iron for pressing hems and a roll of maple “Band-It” iron on veneer. Fucking worked a treat mate! Now the Prestige neck that I have fits snug....AS. IT. SHOULD. BE.

So, I’ll be pressing forth with this project as time allows.
    Mustaine: He's brilliant; I love him. But then you see some guy like Bucketheadů Buckethead is probably twice as good a guitar player as me and Slash combined, and can stand having fried chicken rubbed up against his face all night for a couple of hours.

Thanks

Great idea man! Sometimes you have to take matters into your own hands and make it work. It will make a nice guitar when you're done, so keep moving forward on it cause you'll love it when its done.
    We're non-profit.
    Hey, are you gonna eat that?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to metalchurch For This Useful Post:

IbanezGuy (06-29-2019)

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!
SEO Blog