Lefty Guitar Trader Supporting Vendors:

Thread: 1987 Charvel Model-3

Thanks

Default 1987 Charvel Model-3

We're non-profit.
    Hey, are you gonna eat that?

Thanks

Im debating whether or not I want to sell this. Would anyone be interested? I can sell it as-is or separate it out and sell the body and Jackson JT-6 trem separately.

Since this picture was taken it now has a new reverse zebra SH-10 Full Shred in it, which I can sell separately as well.
    This is an amazing guitar and it's really one of my favs because of how nice it plays. The neck is a 1997 RR3 righty neck that I've owned since 2001 and was on my black 94 King V up until last summer.

As you can see the body and paint is in amazing condition for being an 87. It's a basswood body.
    I'd have to look but the neckplate is either a 1994 Jackson King V plate or the correct 87 Model-3 plate, cant remember which I used. The other plate would be on my vintage white Charvel mutt, which I believe has the Jackson plate now that I think about it.
    I built this from parts sourced on ebay and made it as correct as possible. I used the Jackson RR3 neck because it was a reverse headstock with a proper Floyd nut as opposed to the regular nut with Kahler locknut behind it as they came originally which was a shit design. So basically I made my own hotrodded version using all Jackson/Charvel parts... Also has Jackson tuners from 1995-96 ish…

I can provide a bunch of pics of this if requested as well. Its currently set-up with D'addario 8-38's in E standard with the reverse zebra SH-10 as mentioned with 1 500k volume only....and I do have to say once more that this is an awesome sounding and playing guitar no doubt about it.

I do not have a case for it but I can either provide a 1987 Kramer hardshell case for a little more money, or I can provide a super nice padded gigbag and double box this in a Jackson guitar box so it arrives safe and sound.

Like I said not real sure what im doing yet but I'm going to throw this out there and see what you guys think. Id also be tempted to sell that vintage white Charvel mutt as well. Thread with pics and info on that guitar is here:
    http://www.leftyguitartrader.com/for...6-Charvel-mutt

Thanks gentlemen appreciate the time. Not too sure on price for either one but I'm thinking as they sit Id like around $400 for the Model-3 and idk like maybe $350 for the white one. Id have made a proper for sale post but pics don't seem to be loading...

Located in Hollidaysburg Pa 16648

Ps, those prices are shipped within the lower 48. As far as the Model-3 Its easily worth more than Im asking if I simply part it out. The neck is a MIJ pre-fender and they go for $165-ish if you can find a nice one and this one is very nice. The JT-6 trem is $100, the body I paid $155 for it which is about going rate for a really nice one like this. The pickup was $90... you see what I mean Im sure, just clarifying that's all.

Also being the white one is more of a mutt Id likely go $300 shipped which shipping is crazy anymore so that would leave me like $250 most likely. As you can see in the Mutt thread it has an early 80's tan epoxy EMG-81 but I can certainly swap that out for a Seymour Duncan, DiMarzio, or even an active 1988 Seymour Metal Live Wire, which I have 2 humbuckers and 1 single coil... which also could be swapped into the model-3 to atleast make it an HxS configuration if so desired... Don't think I have any other working single coils otherwise Id add them as potential options, but hell, you can get whatever pickups you wanted really so theyre not that big of a deal. Thanks guys.

Pss
    Id likely go even less on the white one now that I think about it. Not trying to get over on anyone and Im trying to price this shit fair for both me and whomever buys it. Holler at me and I'll treat you really good that's for sure.
    Last edited by metalchurch; 07-03-2019 at 04:56 PM. Reason: more info
    We're non-profit.

Thanks

white one is sweet, someone's gonna grab that quick

Thanks

Thank you Jesse, it really is a good guitar for all that it is. I built it in 2008 and really didn't do much to it since.
    Oh btw guys, it now features a matte black slanted humbucker guard. I can however provide the HxSlanted Single guard that's pictured. There's options for sure so let me know whats needed.

Also it is in Eb with d'addario 8-38's... I used this for Eb Zakk era Ozzy and other Eb non trem stuff.

Edit one last time.. hahaha I keep forgetting stuff...

I will try to get current photos of both of these to show them how they are now, but theyre more or less as you see them aside from the Model-3 having a FullShred and the white one having a slanted humbucker guard as I said.
    Last edited by metalchurch; 07-03-2019 at 05:25 PM.
    We're non-profit.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to metalchurch For This Useful Post:

Jesse (07-04-2019)

Thanks

Bump
    Still available make an offer as is or Ill part it out as well.
    We're non-profit.

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!
SEO Blog