Lefty Guitar Trader Supporting Vendors:




Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 36

Thread: Guitars with Jon Way announces LEFTY CONVENTION

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    SW Missouri
    Posts
    470
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 12 Times in 12 Posts

    Default

    My daughter is going to college this fall so all my $ is gone for now so maybe next year. Thank you for the invite Jon! Sounds like a great time and yes pics and vids if possible.
    aka rolling56

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    80
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 13 Times in 9 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    My daughter is going to college this fall so all my $ is gone for now so maybe next year. Thank you for the invite Jon! Sounds like a great time and yes pics and vids if possible.
    I understand Bob, one more year for my daughter and that's the third child for me. College tuition eats up a lot of guitar money. Lol

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    80
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 13 Times in 9 Posts

    Default

    Hi guys. We now have a committment from DZmods for displaying and discussing hand built guitars, as well as custom mods.
    There are three vids up on YouTube now showing some of DZmods projects on Guitars with Jon Way.

    We have spoken to three lefty dealers and will post when we receive the confirmations of their participation , and what they intend to show.

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JonWay For This Useful Post:

    LeftyParasite (06-16-2012), SouthpawGuy (06-16-2012)

  5. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    81
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 16 Times in 10 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LeftyParasite View Post
    Why don't you research Jon Way.
    I'm aware of Jon, I've seen his gallery, and I've seen his video reviews.

    I'm not sure why one must research an individual in order to get more information on an event that's happening in my back yard? How does having a huge collection make one better at organizing an event?

  6. #25
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    80
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 13 Times in 9 Posts

    Default

    Happy Father's Day to all you fathers out there. I hope it means a little more guitar time today

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to JonWay For This Useful Post:

    IbanezGuy (06-17-2012)

  8. #26
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    SW Missouri
    Posts
    470
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 12 Times in 12 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ArrowHead View Post
    I'm aware of Jon, I've seen his gallery, and I've seen his video reviews.

    I'm not sure why one must research an individual in order to get more information on an event that's happening in my back yard? How does having a huge collection make one better at organizing an event?
    I don't think this has to do with having more guitars. It has to do with someone taking the time to plan all this out. Takes time out of their family lives to do this this. Jon is the first one i have seen here take the bull by the horn and go for it so to speak. Thanks again Jon.

    None of us really know each other (but i could be wrong) and we trade,buy, and sell guitars,amps,pedals etc.... with each other.

    I hope this is a great success and there is one every year.
    aka rolling56

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Bob For This Useful Post:

    JonWay (06-17-2012)

  10. #27
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    SW Missouri
    Posts
    470
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 12 Times in 12 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JonWay View Post
    Happy Father's Day to all you fathers out there. I hope it means a little more guitar time today
    Back at you Jon and to all the other fathers.

    I haven't had time to play a guitar in months and i sneak time to do this. Off to go mow my yard and fix a few things around the house..............i still need to plug in that commie red Dano U2ri!
    aka rolling56

  11. #28
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    81
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 16 Times in 10 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    I don't think this has to do with having more guitars.
    I don't either. I think it had to do with lack of DETAILS. Jon chose to give more. I was quite happy with that. But I get PM's and the above quoted comment about the size of his collection, like it has something to do with the details of the event, or lack thereof.

    I might be critical, but I'm not exactly suggesting anything foolish or outlandish. More details! Let people research the venue! Consider it might not BE the best venue! Berts seems to be closed every other year. The sands is on the ocean, in February that means snow and COLD wet weather. There are NO nearby commercial airports (there's a small one in Plymouth if you have a private jet), and no nearby interstates. From Plymouth, the two nearest airports are close to an hour away. The nearest interstate is about 40 minutes away. So if you fly in and take a cab, you're already looking at crazy money before you pay your $300.

    Meanwhile a rehearsal studio space would be closer to the interstates, airports, accommodations, and would only cost a few hundred dollars for the entire weekend. Leaves that $300 free for much nicer accommodations. You could book a block of rooms near some nightlife, and rent a van for the day for transportation back and forth.

    I know you guys really want to hate me, but I wouldn't have spoken up at all if I didn't love the idea - I just didn't love the execution. I may not be the lefty guitar collector Jon is, but I have a long history of knowing how to throw a party. Would you rather walk in the snow to the nearby bar that may or may not be open... or get a room in Boston for the night, with a day at a fully equipped rehearsal studio with security, and at night a trip into the city to experience some fun?

    Plymouth, pardon my french, sucks gigantic balls. I'm just looking out for my fellow lefties, and trying to help Jon plan an event that doesn't get a bunch of "sounds great but..." responses.

    I prefer "LEFTY CONVENTION! CHICKS! GUNS! FIRETRUCKS!"

    I guarantee Jessie would be there.
    Last edited by ArrowHead; 06-17-2012 at 03:49 PM.

  12. #29
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    80
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 13 Times in 9 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ArrowHead View Post
    I don't either. I think it had to do with lack of DETAILS. Jon chose to give more. I was quite happy with that. But I get PM's and the above quoted comment about the size of his collection, like it has something to do with the details of the event, or lack thereof.

    I might be critical, but I'm not exactly suggesting anything foolish or outlandish. More details! Let people research the venue! Consider it might not BE the best venue! Berts seems to be closed every other year. The sands is on the ocean, in February that means snow and COLD wet weather. There are NO nearby commercial airports (there's a small one in Plymouth if you have a private jet), and no nearby interstates. From Plymouth, the two nearest airports are close to an hour away. The nearest interstate is about 40 minutes away. So if you fly in and take a cab, you're already looking at crazy money before you pay your $300.

    Meanwhile a rehearsal studio space would be closer to the interstates, airports, accommodations, and would only cost a few hundred dollars for the entire weekend. Leaves that $300 free for much nicer accommodations. You could book a block of rooms near some nightlife, and rent a van for the day for transportation back and forth.

    I know you guys really want to hate me, but I wouldn't have spoken up at all if I didn't love the idea - I just didn't love the execution. I may not be the lefty guitar collector Jon is, but I have a long history of knowing how to throw a party. Would you rather walk in the snow to the nearby bar that may or may not be open... or get a room in Boston for the night, with a day at a fully equipped rehearsal studio with security, and at night a trip into the city to experience some fun?

    Plymouth, pardon my french, sucks gigantic balls. I'm just looking out for my fellow lefties, and trying to help Jon plan an event that doesn't get a bunch of "sounds great but..." responses.

    I prefer "LEFTY CONVENTION! CHICKS! GUNS! FIRETRUCKS!"

    I guarantee Jessie would be there.
    I have to thank ArrowHead for getting some of the details out. Without an Itinerary to understand what it's all about many questions would arise. Hopefully the Itinerary, and the new posts of more luthiers and lefty shop owners agree to participate Saturday, we can all see the picture clearly of what a cool weekend this will be.
    In the last few months LeftyParasite and I have gotten together to chat, trade, and experience each other's guitars. The experience has left us both wanting more than a few hours each time we have met, and I know with 22 of us together the Convention will be that same kind of experience.

  13. #30
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    80
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 13 Times in 9 Posts

    Default

    Chris Walsh will be attending the Lefty Convention. Chris builds and sells handmade archtops. Just had a chance to play one this evening. Solid wood. No laminates. What a beauty. He also builds his version of a strat with ebony boards and birdseye maple necks.

Visitors found this page by searching for:

guitars with jon way

lefty guitar convention

powered by vBulletin playing guitar lefty

o hagan guitar flying v

lefty guitar collectors

lefty guitar conventuin

johnway guitarlefty.com

SEO Blog

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Forgot User Name / Password ?