Lefty Guitar Trader Supporting Vendors:

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Guitars with Jon Way announces LEFTY CONVENTION

Thanks

Default Guitars with Jon Way announces LEFTY CONVENTION

Guitars with Jon Way announces the first Lefty Convention.
    This event will take place in Plymouth, MA on Friday 2/1 through Sunday 2/3 which is the first weekend in February of 2013.

This will be a small intimate setting where we can share, listen, trade, buy, sell, and enjoy other fellow lefty collectors. The venue will be open to the Lefty Convention participants only for the whole weekend. Plan on bringing a selection of your collection with you.

The cost of the event will be $294 per guitarist with an option to bring a significant other for an additional $85. The fee will include 2 nights lodging, all meals, and an introduction cocktail party Friday evening. The intimate venue is located on the ocean and features an indoor pool and hot tub.

There are only 22 spots available for this first time event. FIRST COME FIRST SERVE.
    A deposit of $100 will reserve your room and a spot in the convention. Itineraries will be sent to those depositing. PayPal: guitarswithjonway@gmail.com

Any questions, please use this forum.
    Jesse will be informed as the numbers increase, and when we reach capacity.

This is going to be an awesome event. I'm in, so that leaves 21 spots available. Hope to see you there.

Thanks

Count me in for sure!! This is going to be a blast......
    blah blah blabbidy blah

Thanks

OK
    Adam's in. That leaves 20 spots available.

Thanks

What's the itinerary? What's actually involved?

I'd hate to drop $300 just to meet a handful of lefties and catch crabs in the pool at the John Carver or Governor Bradford Inn. Will there be lefty centric or local vendors? A place to play and demo gear?

Is this venture for-profit, or do tickets simply cover accommodations, function room, food, and materials?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ArrowHead View Post
    What's the itinerary? What's actually involved?

I'd hate to drop $300 just to meet a handful of lefties and catch crabs in the pool at the John Carver or Governor Bradford Inn. Will there be lefty centric or local vendors? A place to play and demo gear?

Is this venture for-profit, or do tickets simply cover accommodations, function room, food, and materials?
    This is the first convention of it's kind. We have secured the entire facility for our purposes which is to meet, share, trade, sell and converse with other lefty collectors. If you would like to meet 21 other lefty guitar players/collectors and share part of your collection while enjoying the collections of 21 other people then this is for you.

I'll be bringing 4 combo amps, and others will be providing amps as well. So plenty of stuff to play through. There may be a dealer in attendance, but I think the convention would be better served through private collections. The event is non profit, and covers the rooms, food, drinks, and materials.

Thanks

Is there a reason in particular for the chosen date, right in the middle on winter?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cosmic_ape View Post
    Is there a reason in particular for the chosen date, right in the middle on winter?
    A couple of reasons. It's right after the NAMM show in January, and so any lefty dealer attending may have new product to show, and usually the winter weekends are free on a lot of people's schedule.
    The other reason was to keep the cost down, as an oceanfront venue is pricey in the "good" season months. We chose this location also, because with this specific number of people we can literally take the whole place. No one without a lanyard and pass is getting in.

Thanks

I won't make it, but good luck!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chilton View Post
    I won't make it, but good luck!
    I understand. I'll talk to Jessie about posting a bunch of pictures and possibly some videos from the event.

Thanks

A few observations:

1) Give an itinerary. The idea that one must put a deposit to know what you've planned is strange. Especially if it's the first of it's kind, it makes it more important to explain EXACTLY what it is.
    2) Disclose the venue. Far too many of the local seaside shitholes can be called "intimate", when in reality they're disgusting crack den motels in shitty neighborhoods. Putting a down payment on a room sight unseen is nothing I advise around here.

The complete lack of details makes me uneasy. I love meeting lefties, but I'm not going to spend money to drive down the street and see less guitars than are hanging in my living room while awkwardly talking with 10 dudes with nothing but their handed-ness in common. Now if there were some activities, demos, local vendors we could interact with, local attractions (musical), and some description of the facilities (where will you play? Can you fit 22 men and gear? Can you turn up? Will there be a drummer? PA? Is it a jam, a demo, or a show and tell?)

The idea is great, but the presentation isn't going to garner much interest without more information, I'm afraid.
    Last edited by ArrowHead; 06-13-2012 at 10:03 AM.

Visitors found this page by searching for:

guitars with jon way

lefty guitar convention