Lefty Guitar Trader Supporting Vendors:

Thread: Jesse's guide to getting the best deal - FRONT PAGE NOW

Thanks

Default Jesse's guide to getting the best deal - FRONT PAGE NOW

Enjoy, feel free to add comments with your own techniques and experiences...all input always welcome!

Thanks

Tell us yours...I compare prices on forums and the net. other music stores. but good olde bartering helps and money talks. In the end when it comes down to us leftys wanting "that" guitar it basically can come down to empting the savings.. not good idea in these days but guitar collecting and or enjoyment can be a serious habit forming addiction..

Thanks

Jesse, congrats on the new addition. I know some of us here had a serious eye on that one. Great article too! I've never bought or sold anything on the online auctions, so even if that guitar went for $100 I wouldn't know to do it. Is pay pal still the way to go. I was thinking of setting up an account just to cover step one.

Thanks

Paypal is still the standard, but I wouldn't be surprised if google's checkout takes its place soon...Paypal is starting to institute fees on things, which usually drives people away since everything online is FREE FREE FREE!!!!!

Thanks

In my recent experience as a seller, I find it annoying when someone pushes for a "buy it now" price, and just today canceled someones bid and blocked them from bidding on any of my auctions.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by elq View Post
    In my recent experience as a seller, I find it annoying when someone pushes for a "buy it now" price, and just today canceled someones bid and blocked them from bidding on any of my auctions.
    Wow, how come? I've done it countless times and never received any static from the seller

Thanks

I used to work at ebay. I wrote software that detected patterns of fraud on ebay and paypal. one of the most common vectors for bidder fraud was of the form "lets make a deal outside of ebay" and the first question people inevitably ask is "how much". there is so much fraud on ebay that any hints of it from a bidder (like asking the BIN price) raises alarms for me.

also, I'm selling an item on ebay to get the best market price I can. I had my 3120TWL up here and one or two other forums for about 3 months... the item was on ebay for 7 days and it sold. Selling it on a forum, I would've accepted an $800 offer, on eBay I got $920.. and everyone is happy.

Visitors found this page by searching for:

ebay hates you

SEO Blog